Mold is an unsightly and unhealthy problem that can quickly take over your home or office before you even realize it is there. It often goes unnoticed until someone gets sick, or you notice an area of substantial growth. It can take many forms, from dry rot to black, white, and even pink mold.
Aside from its unpleasant look and smell, mold can also spread into the bones of a home, causing severe structural damage if left untreated for too long. But perhaps more concerning is the fact that mold can have serious health ramifications. Mold produces mycotoxins, which can result in allergic reactions, sinus issues, asthma attacks, headaches, dizziness, and fatigue, amongst other things.
Mold is harmful to anyone and is especially dangerous for children, elderly individuals, pregnant women, and those who are immunocompromised. It is beneficial to contact a certified mold remediation specialist.